So today was our last day all together at the resort (I say resort b/c its a ski resort in the winter, you can tell in some of the pictures). We had a formal dinner with 3 courses of really good bulgarian food. We're splitting up tomorrow into our "satellite" training groups, my group is a 6 person group and we are all COD people. We'll be living in the same village but in homestays with bulgarian families. Our big group will be broken into 17 small groups for the PST (Pre Service Training). That way we can learn language and "technical" stuff together and it'll work nicely. I dont have to be in a group with people who need to learn how to teach english as a second language I'll be with ppl with a similar background.
So at dinner we sat in our groups. Mine is Pavolche, which is a village of 800 ppl 3km southwest of Vratsa, the training "HUB". We'll all meet as a big group of all 86 people, called a HUB meeting, a couple times through training for stuff like medical and emergency evacuation training, but I'll be mostly with my small group from now on. The village has a waterfall near it and a famous rock formation referred to as something similar to "the sitting old man".
SO, since this was the last time we'd be together for a while we decided to have a dance party as a send off. It started with us watching a dance group from a nearby village do a traditional bulgarian dance, in traditional BG clothes, they were good (I have pictures and video to be uploaded later). Then we all joined in the traditional dance, that we learning after language class yesterday. THEN the western-ness broke out and Salsa music was played, and then Dani (the language coordinator) told us we could bring our computers and ipods to play them, and it turned into a full fledged dance party. Lady Gaga, MJ, MC Hammer, and we ended with Journey Dont Stop Believin'
Twas a Good night. I still have to repack my suitcase for my move to my host family tomorrow but we'll have time after language class tomorrow before the 3 hour bus ride to do it so I'll be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment