So I'm in my permanent site, this is the 3rd full day. There was a storm last night so I've been without power (and internet) for a bit. I finally got to cook my first meal in my new place (curry), my counterpart's mother lives upstairs and they keep inviting me to dinner. I felt like it was rude to say no, but I need my space and to cook for myself so I figured I might as well start now.
I had my first day once I got here off, Sunday. Dori took me and her two kids, Stella and Nikki, to the beach here in the Municipality. The beach is called Kamchiya to those of your who are inclined to google it. It was hot and there were a lot of people. The water was warm but I wasnt much in the mood for swimming and exerting energy since I had a long long long travel day the day before. But it was nice to lie down and do absolutely nothing for once. I did get sunburned though...
I've been to work 2 days in the office so far, I havent done much yet besides sit alone in my, might I say very large, office with a computer. I've had some Peace Corps logistical type stuff to do (emergency contact forms, maps to my house in cause of natural disaters etc), but I havent done anything yet for my job. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to Dori (my counterpart) about letting me roam the village and get to know people in town so I can find out what people generally want from the local government here. I havent gotten a chance to walk around beside a few minutes today with Stella and the dog Spartak (Spartacus) cause it keeps raining. I dont particularly care much if I get all wet but I dont want to first introduce myself to people while looking like a wet dog. Hopefully I can make rounds tomorrow...
This is my apartment:
OH MY GOSH!! you totally have creepy dog with you in Bulgaria!!!!!! I saw him at 00:32 on the video! ahhhh!!!!! I miss you so flipping much!! i want to come visit you! and yes, i am totally still stalking your blog. you'll learn this about me, if there is a blog to read, i WILL read it. Love you and miss you. You are SO awesome, im so excited for what you're doing over there!! I will totally be there to visit before your 2 yrs is up!!!!
ReplyDelete